Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oh Betsey!

This past weekend I got to dress up and be a model for a day! It was So. Much. Fun!

The Betsey Johnson on Fillmore St., San Francisco was throwing a Pink Party in honor of National Pink Day and Pride Weekend. I was asked to be a model for the party and walk down the "runway" wearing some amazing dresses.

Now, Betsey Johnson isn't really a designer I would relate to my personal style. I did wear a Betsey Johnson dress to my Senior Prom in High School, but that's about as Betsey as I get. BUT, it was an amazing opportunity, and why not dress up out of your comfort zone and have fun with it? Isn't that what experimenting with fashion is all about?

Make-up professionally done by MAC Cosmetics.

All done and waiting to get styled for the event.

First dress I wore before the fashion show.

Runway- not the most flattering picture, huh?

Much better! I loved this dress!

All the models and Sales Associates.

As part of their thank you for modeling, the store gave me 60% off a purchase. OF COURSE I took advantage of that and walked away with this dress: http://www.betseyjohnson.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11449955

It is so figure flattering and versatile, I love it! I just decided to swap out the pink bow (not my favorite thing) for a chunky brown leather belt, or nothing at all. The dress doesn't really need a belt.

(photo credit: Jon Carr)
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. What a cool experience! I don't know exactly where you'd wear the dress in your third photo (before you walked the runway), but it's kind of adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lot of fun. All the dresses were great, except, yes, the practicality of where I could where them is minimal.
    Remember me btw? You helped me style the sail boat skirt from anthro that my bf bought me about a month or so ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! I'm so sorry I didn't make that connection! Oops! But of course, I totally remember that fun request! Hope you've gotten some good use out of the skirt so far! :)

    Great to see you've started a blog!

    ReplyDelete