Thursday, January 17, 2013

Getting Knitty

So this past weekend, the Sex and the City movie was on TV. I managed to tune in just as Carrie was in the phone booth, wearing an oversized sweater over a little dress, with booties, and knee high socks. I loved the look, so I decided to recreate it my way. I don't know if knee high socks are something I would wear like this often, but I did have fun being Carrie for a day.


Sweater: Rag & Bone. Shirt: Anthropologie. Skirt: Forever 21. Socks: Target. Shoes: Banana Republic. Belt: Anthropologie. Scarf: Stitch Fix. Clutch: Anthropologie.






Pin It

12 comments:

  1. I love how you belted the sweater -- too cute.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an inspiring outfit!
    the belted sweater is such a great idea and such a great knitting from Rag & Bone!

    cheers,
    THE FAD MADNESS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank Izzaura! I hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  3. Aw thats one of my favourite looks from the movie, so cute and chic! Love how you styled this honey, that cardigan is perfect and I love how you belted it. :)

    Take care and have a great weekend,

    Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you had a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  4. Super cute! I love thigh highs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sweater, it's perfectly oversized but not too much.

    http://www.littleredbook-thatshaute.blogspot.com

    @littleredbookxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was worried it would be much given that it's a mens XL

      Delete
  6. Love this look! The layering of the chunky sweater is great. I think the over the knee socks work well!
    I just added you to my blog roll! Check it out at http://peachykeencaroline.blogspot.com/

    ~ Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, I guess I'll try over the knee socks again! Lately they've been under jeans, for warmth!

      That is so sweet of you! I'll go check it out ASAP! <3

      Delete