Thursday, July 12, 2012

Classic With A Twist

For mornings where time is of the essence, I like to stick to classic, dependable pieces to get me out the door on time. Nothing is easier, more chic, and more classic than a white silky blouse, and great fitting black pants. They're the ultimate foundation so you can add more funky pieces to stand out, like a watercolor coat, and polka dot pumps.

Also, I'm going through that awkward phase when bangs are growing out- all I do is pin them up... any ideas of cute and quick ways to style awkward bangs back? Please share!


Coat: Anthropologie. Blouse: Tobi.com. Jeans: Gap. Shoes: Madewell (similar). Necklace: Vintage. Bag: Vintage.





Pin It

17 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh love your coat! what a cool twist on a classic : )

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    Ps. Don't forget to enter my
    Bandiez Couture Headband Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! It's definitely one of my favorites :)

      Delete
  2. Cute, sleek, and so chic. I love!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was going for, so glad it showed. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. What a great coat, definitely classic with a twist! Love the is simple yet effective way you've styled it! :)

    Take care, Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. vey classic sleek outfit, love the heels very quirky,
    Love Coco x x x
    stylethroughthelookingglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit! With your bangs, have you thought about braiding them into your hair to the side or parting them down the middle and taking bobby pins to keep them back. Also, it always helped to buy pretty pins to hold them back also. I had a pixie a few years ago I had to grow out. I know how paining it can be! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great idea- I will definitely try braiding them! I never really liked how I look with a middle part- but I will try that too. Thanks so much for the suggestions.

      Delete
  6. That jacket is phenomenal!

    Another vote for doing a middle part and either pinning your bangs back, or wearing them loose as short layers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!

      I will try the middle part, but like I said to EBO- I've never been a fan of how I look with a middle part in general... Thanks for the idea :)

      Delete
  7. you are so adorable. and i totally love those polka dot shoes.

    xo kaitlin
    kaitgirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks so much Kaitlin- you are far too sweet!

      Delete
  8. I love this coat it is def unique!

    www.theluxuryrehab.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome jacket!

    http://melissaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete