Sunday, February 17, 2013

NYFW Recap: Personal Favorites

Another NYFW has come and gone, and though I was too busy to keep up with all of the shows this time around, below are the few that did capture my eye. Please, share which notable shows I may have missed so I can check them out!

 

 I may be biased, but I loved J. Crew's Fall 2013 presentation! I love the ethnic feel to all the patterns used, and of course, the embellishments were done tastefully. There are a few notable coats I will be coveting, and the dress, from the first image is so modern and chic. 

 

Jenny Packham gave Old Hollywood Glamour a revival in the Fall 2013 Collection. All the gowns were phenomenal, and I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a few of these walk the Red Carpet, especially at the Oscars. Gorgeous!


Staying true to the boyish, minimalist aesthetic, the Steven Alan Fall 2013 presentation was not a far cry from the usual collection, but the layering done above was something I found interesting. I'll definitely try the shirt dress peeking out of a skirt, like above, soon!


        
        

Oscar de la Renta presented another amazingly wonderful collection, full of beautiful colors, prints, and embellishments. His collections always seem to infuse vintage elements with today's modern aesthetic perfectly. Always a pleasure to view his collections.



Marchesa does what it does best: femininity. I loved the floral embroidery, and tulle elements of all the pieces, and while some may think it's been done again, and again, I will never tire of these ladies' designs.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love love love the entire J.Crew collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The J.Crew Collection was incredible. I think they really outdid themselves with this collection. You showed some of my favorites. The white dress and purple brocade skirt are gorgeous.
    Oscar de la Renta as per usual was awe-inspiring.

    ~ Caroline
    http://peachykeencaroline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the J. Crew looks, and I thought the Rebecca Minkoff collection was fantastic.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete