Monday, February 18, 2013

Playing Tour Guide

My family came into town this past weekend to visit, so I played tour guide all weekend long. Though I've been living in San Francisco for nearly 8 years now, I'm still surprised at how much there is to do in this 7x7 city.

On the second day out, I wore this outfit; perfect combo of style and comfort. Black skinny pants are the perfect foundation for some pattern mixing, and tough layers. And of course, I threw on some classic loafers to get me through being on my feet all day.


Shirt: Banana Republic. Vest: Tobi. Coat: Anthropologie. Jeans: Zara. Shoes: Franco Sarto. Sunglasses: Michael Kors. Scarf: Stitch Fix. Bag: Anthropologie






Pin It

10 comments:

  1. love your outfit!! especially the coat <3
    xo Kae

    http://ohmyoverflowingwardrobe.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit - you are reminding me that a military vest is a wardrobe essential :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that vest -- such a pretty color.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed out on this gorgeous coat of yours on ebay a while ago and have been kicking myself ever since...had no idea it was as rare as it seems to be. You don't happen to know the name of the style by any chance do you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristen.. this was such a small cut, and I remember being shocked at how low of a sale price it got down to! I'm sorry, I can't remember the name of the coat. I have seen these pop up under "anthropologie watercolor coat" on ebay tho!

      Delete
  5. Shermineh, thanks so much for the reply (forever ago) - kept meaning to get back to you and it simply never happened. It seems quite an enigma of a coat. When the watercolour coats come up on ebay they always seem to be a different design altogether and I've only seen this twice in the wrong sizes for me since that first one I came across. However I've finally got a name for it! The Drenched Dahlia Coat in case you ever want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - something a bit bizarre: the first comment on here is by 'Kae', which has been my nickname since childhood!

    ReplyDelete