Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year's Outfit Ideas

I don't know about you guys, but I'm super excited about New Year's Eve this year. My favorite part is that it gives you the perfect excuse to be all out festive with your attire, and what is more glam, and festive than sequins? You may have gotten a quick preview due to blogger error, but below I have three outfit sets that I have created all featuring one sequined item. I hope it inspires you to wear sequins no matter where and how you end up celebrating :)

new years 2





This is the most casual outfit of the three. If I were to go out to dinner with friends, and end up at someone's house party to celebrate the coming of the new year, this is what I would wear. The chambray shirt keeps things casual even though the skirt, jewelry and shoes scream party. A pop of leopard is always festive, and I would tie in this look by throwing my hair up in a messy pony, and swiping on some red or hot pink matte lipstick.


new years 1





This is something I would wear to a fancy bar/lounge, like Bourbon & Branch here in San Francisco. I love the tuxedo inspiration behind it. The bows on the platform shoes help play up the tux look, while keeping things feminine at the same time. I added a bright clutch for a pop of color. I would either pull my hair up into a ballerina bun and wear plum or burgundy lipstick with this look, or wear my hair in loose waves and swipe on some bright red lipstick.


new years 3





This final set is the most glam, and something you could wear to a more upscale event. The sequined dress is loose fitted and short so I added opaque black tights for modesty, and a blazer to help add a waistline. The color scheme is similar to the tux look above, so I added earrings in a similar shade as the clutch for a pop of color. I would wear my hair half up with this look, and add a smoky eye and nude lip to pull it all together.
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. all of these looks are amazing for New Years.
    and i have to admit they are made perfect with all the sparkle!

    xoxo katlin
    kaitgirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfit with the sequin dress! The earrings are amazing!

    Karin D. from stylishduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing outfits! love them... and that sequin gold skirt is beautiful!!
    love your blog.

    Erika from http://beautimperfect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiring looks!!! I love them all but the top one in particular!! :)

    Have a Happy New Year,Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Yeah, I thought sequins are the most appropriate for this holiday in particular. It's just so much fun! The top one is probably my favorite too, it has this effortless, cool vibe.

    ReplyDelete