Thursday, February 23, 2012

Editing

This outfit is something that I liked in theory, but now seeing it in a picture, I can see things I could have done differently. Sometimes, taking pictures of what you're wearing really helps you edit it until it looks right. This is one of those times where I think I should have done that, so I thought I would share it. My biggest gripe is that bag. I've been wearing a back-pack to help my back; it's been aching recently and I'm sure it is due to the weight distribution of my heavy bags. With this sweater though, I can't have anything pulling at the sleeves to preserve the shape. Also, I could have done without the necklace. What I do like is the silhouette of the swingy sweater and tight pencil skirt, and how the browns really help the plum color of the skirt pop. All in all though, I did enjoy wearing this out, and with a few swaps, it's something I would definitely try again.

Sweater: H&M (similar) Skirt: Forever 21 (similar) Booties: Madewell (here) Sunglasses: Ray Ban. Necklace: Vintage. Tights: H&M. Bag: Aldo


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I love this look my dear,those boots are gorgeous and defiantly a must have!! I can understand with what you are saying about how photos can help you see where little mistakes were made,i have that sometimes. Its bittersweet,helpful but annoying at the same time! :)

    Take care,Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this look. The varying fit & length of the skirt & sweater work perfectly!
    Stop by my blog if you get a chance!
    www.iheartvintagecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing outfit! Stunning!

    Love, Suzanne
    http://becomethefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much everyone! And bittersweet is the perfect way to describe it, Daniella.

    ReplyDelete